Here are some of the best and beautiful places to visit in India during your summer vacations. However, we have identified the top 10 pretty summer destinations for you and your family and written in detail about them. Hope you like our compilation.
- Bir Billing
- Mt. Abu
- Tirthan Valley
List of Top 10 Beautiful Places To Visit in June in India
1. Lakshadweep – All About Coral Reefs & Blue Waters
This small island is located just off the Kerala coast in the Arabian Sea. It is known for its pristine beaches and coral reefs.
How To Reach Lakshadweep?
You can reach Lakshadweep by taking a ship from Cochin. A journey from Cochin to Lakshadweep takes 15-20 hours. To reach this idyllic island, you can book your ship and hotel by clicking this link.
2. Andaman and Nicobar Islands- Great Beaches
Another great travel summer travel destination is the Andaman and Nicobar islands. Located in the Bay of Bengal, the Andamans are all about sea, sand and of course surf.
How To Reach Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
- Flight- Take your flight from Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai or Vishakhapatnam.
- Ship- Chennai, Visakhapatnam and Kolkata.
- Book your ship by clicking this link.
3. Dandeli- For Wildlife and Birdlife
Dandeli is one of the cheap destinations located in southern India. It is known for its amazing flora and fauna.
How To Reach Dandeli?
The nearest railways stations to Dandeli are at Londa, Alnavar, Dharwad and Hubli in Karnataka. To reach these places, you can either take a train or a bus from Bangalore.
4. Shillong- Breathtaking Valleys, Lakes and Landscape
If you fancy taking a vacation in the Northeast, then check out Shillong in Meghalaya. This state is also called Scotland of the East because of its undulating valleys. The temperature here stays between 15-24 degree Celsius even in May.
How To Reach Shillong?
- Train- Shillong is just 104 kilometres from Guwahati.
- Flight- Many flights originate from Kolkata and Delhi.
To book your accommodation, click this link of Meghalaya Tourism.
5. Wayanad- Solo Backpackers’ Dream
Whether you are a solo backpacker or a family man, you will find Wayanad a paradise of sorts. Located in Kerala, this dream destination has magnificent lakes, and waterfalls, undulating valleys and lush forests. For wildlife lovers, there are elephant and tiger trails, leopard sightings and bird watching activities.
How To Reach Wayanad?
- By Train – Take a flight from Delhi/Mumbai to Coimbatore, Kannur or Kozhikode
- Bus – You can book a bus from Bangalore/ Coimbatore / Kozhikode through Redbus.
- Train – Kozhikode is the nearest railhead to Wayanad.
Book your Wayanad travel packages/ accommodation
- Here is the link> https://www.keralatourism.org/
6. Manali – Travel Destination For Honeymooners
Manali will always remain the favourite destination for all the honeymooners. Snow-capped mountains, shallow streams, crystal-clear air and easy accessibility- all these make Manali a dream destination.
How To Reach Manali?
- Air -The closest airport is at Bhuntar ( 50 km from Manali)
- Train- The nearest railway station is at Una ( 240 km from Manali)
- For reaching Manali, you need to take a bus or cab.
To book your accommodation, visit this link. Don’t worry, this is a safe and secure link.
7. Mount Abu- A Great Place For Families and Honeymooners
Budget travellers like you and me would find this mountain resort in Rajasthan quite enjoyable. It has a glorious lake, deep valleys, temples, forests and steep mountains. Mount Abu was the favourite place of the kings of Rajasthan before independence.
How To Reach Mount Abu?
- Road- You can easily reach Mount Abu by taking a bus from Delhi or Ahmedabad. Contact Rajasthan Tourism for this purpose.
- Train- Get off at Abu Road station on the Delhi Ahmedabad train line.
Book your accommodation at Mount Abu by clicking this link.
8. Pachmarhi – The Hidden Gem of Central India
Pachmarhi is located in the Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh and is the only hill station of Central India. It is known for its glorious forests, natural beauty, caves, temples, and glamorous waterfalls. Pachmarhi is a favourite destination among all those who are suckers for offbeat places. If you are a budget traveller and can’t afford expensive getaways like Wayanad or Simla, then Pachmarhi is the place to be in.
How To Reach Pachmarhi?
- The nearest railhead is at Hoshangabad. Explore trains going to Hoshangabad by clicking this link: www.irctc.co.in
- From Hoshangabad, you can book a bus by exploring your various options by clicking here>
To book your accommodation in Pachmarhi, you can use the above resource too.
9. Ranthambore – A Dream Destination For Families and Couples
So much has been written about Ranthambore in various travel articles and books that I need not say anything extra. Apart from its tigers, and wildlife, Ranthambore is also known for its haunted fort which is nearly 1000 years old. So next time when you plan your Ranthambore trip, combine your wildlife adventure with a trip of the haunted fort.
How To Reach Ranthambore?
- By bus- you can take a bus from Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan.
- Train- Get off at the Sawai Madhopur Railway Station on the Delhi- Mumbai route.
To book your accommodation in Ranthambore, please visit this government website > www.rtdc.tourism.rajasthan.gov.in
10. Tawang Valley- Land of The Rising Sun
Tawang is one of the most beautiful destinations in North East India. It is located in the Indian border state of Arunachal Pradesh and is known for its gompas, and magnificent views. If you are a foreigner reading this, then you might need a special permit to visit this fantastic destination.
How To Reach Tawang?
- Flight- Nearest airport is Tezpur (317 km from Tawang)
- Train- Nearest railway station is Tezpur ( 317 km from Tawang)